- for visiting my blog!
- For a quick introduction...
I'm a Christian wife, adoptive mom, and
freelance writer, speaker,
and voiceover talent
living outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
with my husband and son.
But there's much more to my story...
If you'd like to read on, here's the unabridged version:
- Born and raised in Philadelphia; attended Catholic school
- Struggled with obesity and low self-confidence all of my life, even after becoming a believer at age 21
- Studied Management Information Systems with a Health Care minor in college
- Landed my first career job (1996) and a husband (1998) at QVC (and yes, much to my husband's dismay, I like to shop on-air and online!)
- Left QVC (1999) for a ministry position as the church secretary of the church we attended
- Traveled to Russia for a missions trip (2002) with no plans to adopt at the time; but after infertility and some treatment attempts, we adopted our son from Russia (2005) (a 13-month old at the time.) I wrote the book Praying Through Your Adoption to help other families through what can be a long and difficult process.
- After struggling with new-mom-itis and post-adoption depression, I vowed to nurture myself without neglecting my family, including building a writing career (1996-present) and having lap-band surgery (2008; with a 60-pound loss to date.)
- I like contemporary Christian music, old-school rap & hip hop, latin music (especially now that there's Zumba).
- I'm a Reality TV, infomercial, and as-seen-on-TV product junkie.
- I love our community which consists of the best neighbors, a wonderful elementary school, and a church family that's very much connected to our schools.
- My all-time favorite thing to do is spend time with my family.
- And here's a video I put together about our adoption. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Mommy Forward, LLC
PO Box 427
Honey Brook, PA 19344
info [at] mommyforward [dot] com