"A happy heart
is good medicine
and a cheerful mind
Proverbs 17:22 AMP
Today marked 11 days since my lap-band surgery. It's been a fairly smooth process, and I'm thankful.
I'm especially grateful to the family, friends, and even strangers who blessed me with their kindness.
- My husband and son provided their hands and feet when I was too sore to bend or move.
- My mother took care of everything else including feeding us and our pets, driving us around, and doing our dishes and laundry.
- My in-laws scrubbed bathrooms & floors and put up our outdoor Christmas lights.
- Several friends dropped off food so my husband had home-cooked meals.
- Many friends visited, called, or emailed to help pass my time that was otherwise spent watching TV.
- Women from support group provided tips, recipes, and a listening ear.
- I received flowers, balloons, a stuffed animal, and cards that brought smiles to my face.
It's one thing to agree that "no man is an island". It's quite another to see & benefit from its practice. I've lost 12.5 pounds so far, but through the love and support around me, I've gained so much more.