Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Throw It Out Thursday - The Kitchen


"Amidst all the clutter, beyond all the obstacles, aside from all the static, are the goals set. Put your head down, do the best job possible, let the flak pass, and work towards those goals."

-Donald Rumsfeld

For this challenge, I've been tackling one room each week, but I never got around to posting last Thursday because of my birthday.


 Here is what I threw out last week from the kitchen:
 


  • Small appliances not used regularly (pizzelle iron, GT Xpress, sandwich maker and an indoor grill)
  • Old linens (towels, potholders)
  • Extra bakeware
  • Tools
  • Expired spices
I moved a drawer organizer from one drawer of tools to another I use more often. I also saved a few dollars from my grocery budget by finding a pack of disposable plates in the pantry. No need to buy more for hosting Bunco next month!

Here is everything from the past three weeks loaded into my car for Goodwill:




How are you doing with your purge? Leave a comment to let me know.

Let's head to the living and family rooms next. Are you with me?


2 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great job!

MICHELE CERVONE SCOTT said...

Thanks, Linda! I have to say the house is looking better without the extra stuff.

The kicker is... our church is doing a fast right now, so I decided to fast from thrift stores (I love bargain shopping!) When I made my drop-off at Goodwill, I couldn't even bring anything from the store back home with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...