Exercise and I parted ways back in the summer when I broke up with Jillian Michaels (who should have made more episodes of Losing It.) The problem is I'm seeing the results, in a bad way.
So sometime last week, after wanting to start running again, I decided today was the day.
Top Ten Reasons I Could Have Skipped Exercise This Morning:
- It was raining.
- Orange (reflective vest) is not my color.
- I'm self-conscious about wearing my head lamp.
- I can feel the junk in my trunk.
- My hot pink, stay-dry shirt accentuates the junk in my trunk.
- I couldn't find my ear buds.
- Did I mention it was raining?
- When I found my ear buds, I realized my iPod wasn't charged.
- I don't own a heart monitor.
- After getting dressed and ready, was there really time to exercise?
If I want to do a marathon and go rock climbing someday, getting over my excuses to those first steps is crucial.
What are you deciding to do today? Let's conquer the world - one thought and step at a time.