I've been preparing to release my first book, Praying Through Your Adoption: A Complete Guide to Creating and Nurturing Today's Forever Family. Because of this, I'm scheduled to speak publicly about our experience, particularly at a women's event at our church. I named that talk Fearfully and Wonderfully ME because it's more about my journey through obesity, infertility, adoption, & depression and learning to appreciate who God made me.
If I were to guess, Fearfully and Wonderfully ME is my life's message, and a major force behind this MommyForward.com blog. It's the culmination of years of lessons on how to:
- Love God with all my heart, soul, and mind
- Love my neighbor as myself
- Love and respect myself in the same way that I would love and respect my neighbor
- Realize the benefits of community while celebrating individuality
- Enjoy food as nourishment without misusing it
- Live a purposeful life filled with joy, strength, and hope
- Share that joy, strength, and hope with others
But today I am someone else. I am stronger, more independent.
I have more understanding, more sympathy. A different perspective.
~ Lynn Caine
Now this student is ready. I'm applying the lessons, ready to share them. And, thankfully, my Master has been with me all along.