Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Moving Forward in 2012

"Life is not about finding yourself. It is about creating yourself."  - Author unknown

It's natural to reflect on the old and forge ahead toward the new, especially at the dawn of a new year. And while my goals still outnumber my accomplishments, I'm proud of the new ground I covered in 2011 - publishing a book, leading a Bible study, and forming a company, to name a few. My Type A, self-evaluating personality would normally sit here for a while, analyzing and agonizing over twelve months of opportunities and decisions. This year, however, be it wisdom, age, fatigue, or a combination, I'm content to simply close the door on 2011 and anticipate the coming year.

Sometimes I'm asked what "Mommy Forward" means to me. Surely it stands for something enough to name a blog and now a company with that name. I came up with a few tag lines over the years, like "inspiring the ME in Mommy" and "nurturing myself without neglecting my family" to capture the idea that moms should take care of themselves along with their families. In 2012, I'm ready to dive deeper.

FORWARD is an acronym for what I believe are the key areas of life: Faith, Organization, Relationships, Work, Activities, Rest, and Discovery. As I live out the days of this new, leap year, I will explore how balancing these 7 areas helps me and my family to thrive, since being the best "me" I can be benefits us all.

If what George Eliot once said is true, that "it is never too late to be what you might have been," may 2012 bring us closer still.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...