Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update

Well, National Novel Writers Month (November) came and went before I could make any significant progress on my novel {sigh} In fact, I may be in worse shape than when I started. I changed the main character's first name to Joelle which means "Jehovah is God" (Jenny felt too common). This prompted me to change her last name and nationality, too (which was not important to the story, just part of her identity.) I should probably spend some time with her and finally pin her down. I'll make that a priority for the week.

Another priority is the plot (she says glancing at 5 blank pages on the wall awaiting sticky notes of ideas.) I know what I want to happen, but the when and how is the question.

My last priority is research. I already borrowed and skimmed every Reality TV and get-on-TV book from our county's library system. I interviewed a producer about casting and have a resource to contact about animal training. But knowing my weaknesses, I might gather info until the cows come home to avoid writing the actual novel (that warped "perfectionist-procrastinator fear of failure & success thing.)

So, it's probably time to sign off from email, Facebook, and this blog to actually get something accomplished today ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...