Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

11 Weeks Post-Surgery Update

It's been 11 weeks since my lap band surgery. I'm happy to report that I'm down 23 pounds. I feel great. My clothes fit better or are too big. Plus, I've had the thrill of buying size 18 again (2 sizes down from the 22's I squeezed into pre-surgery.) And, if that's not enough, the pictures to the left are exciting proof.

The surgery and actually living with the lap band have been much easier than I thought. But, there is often the misconception that losing the weight is easy or even effortless. Initially it was because of the liquids and tiny portions I had as my stomach healed after surgery. Now, even with fills, my appetite and cravings have increased. While the lap band still helps me with my portions, it does not choose healthy foods or get me to the gym. That's still my responsibility.

All in all, I'm thrilled to have the help of this tool on my continuing journey to a healthier me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...