Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Open Letter to Christians


"There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?"
James 4:12 NKJV

It took some time (okay years), but I've seen the error of my ways. I want to say I'm sorry for-

  • Expecting you to fit my idea of the Christian mold
  • Wanting to impress you with my Bible knowledge (hiding my lack thereof)
  • Judging you for your sins
  • Not helping you when you needed me
  • Gasping when you knew a non-Christian song on the radio
  • Expecting your children to watch Veggie Tales instead of Dora
  • Trying to act like you so you would like me and not being myself in case you wouldn't
  • Expecting your children to behave at all times
  • Not praying with you
  • Being jealous of your blessings and downplaying your pains
  • Not acting like the Jesus we both claim to serve

I've sinned against you and I've sinned against Him. For all of this, I am truly sorry.



"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11 NKJV

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...