Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

You're a Winner!

Last night our family enjoyed our first pizza bingo at Pioneer Club. Imagine my surprise when I won the first bingo game! My prize? A basket of baking goodies including pans, measuring spoons, apple bread and turtle cookie mixes, and two Paula Deen cookbooks!




It gets better, though. After church today there was a voicemail telling me I won 2 movie tickets in a health challenge at our YMCA.

Does anyone know the current PowerBall jackpot? I'm tempted to run out for tickets! LOL

All kidding aside, it feels good to be a winner, especially when we're used to opposing messages. For instance, we may not feel pretty enough to win a beauty pageant. We're surrounded by lost savings, and maybe even jobs, in this depressed economy. Sometimes we're even called wretched from the pulpit (which is true in and of itself, but where's the hope in that?)

Today I'd like to bask in the fact that we're winners. And the prizes are greater than gift baskets or movie tickets.

"Overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love." Romans 8:37-38 NLT

"I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." Philippians 3:14 NLT

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8 NLT

Even if I never win another prize on earth, with God's love, eternal life, and a crown of righteousness with my name on it, I am clearly a winner. Are you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...