Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Forgive Us Our Trespasses



I had just finished a lesson on Christian behavior. "Now Billy," I asked, "tell me what we must do before we can expect to be forgiven for our sins."

Without hesitation, Billy replied, "First we gotta sin." ~Clara Null





Ugh, that sums up most of my day today. Somewhere after waking up with a servant's heart and sitting under great teaching at church, I chose to sin with my attitude. Blame it on an empty stomach. Blame it on a fast-food lunch that didn't agree with my lap-band. Or blame it on my instigating loved ones (yeah, I said it. LOL) The truth remains... I chose to sin. I made lashing out at my family and my circumstances acceptable, exalting the mind of self over the mind of Christ.

I'm glad the Bible has something to say about this. I'm not alone in my struggles, and Jesus offers hope.
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." ~1 John 1:8-10 NIV

Jesus, please forgive me for my mean words and attitude today. Thank You for being loving and faithful to forgive this work in progress, especially on days I fall obviously short. Purify my heart, and help me to make better choices tomorrow. Amen.

Signing off to finish the rest of my apologies... Good night, all.

1 comment:

ZenMom said...

I love this post. I'm going to make a copy of it and put in on my refrigerator for those days when my attitude is less than good.

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement.

Jean
visiting from Follow Me club

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...