The first room to tackle is our bedroom. I'm opening drawers, rooting through closets and inspecting every inch to find unwanted items. It's crazy how many things end up here, like the paint & supplies for our bathroom project stacked in a corner. Clutter doesn't contribute to the romantic, casual country look I'm going for.
So here are my first goodies to go:
- My husband's old jeans - faded, ripped, stained. These need not see the light of day ever again!
- Unwanted jewelry - A few pairs of costume earrings are headed to the thrift store for someone else to enjoy.
- A blue office guest chair - It's in great shape, but it doesn't match our decor. I'm not even sure why or when we put it there either. I hope it becomes a great thrift store find for someone else's home or office.
- A pair of sneakers - Hardly worn but no longer my taste, I'm sure someone else can put them to good use.
- Books & magazines - Read and now ready for someone else's enjoyment.
My next stop is the bathroom. In the meantime, feel free to comment with a list or a total of the unwanted items you are throwing out and/ or donating.
Original photo courtesy of freerangestock.com.