Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

The rest is still unwritten... Part 2

This week I am participating in a blogging challenge sponsored by SITS Girls, Standards of Excellence, Westar, and Florida Builder Appliances.

Please enjoy this first, original blog post from Tuesday, August 19, 2008, followed by an update.


I have a wonderful life. I have a loving husband, a beautiful son, supportive family & friends, and a cozy home.

Yet, as I approach the age of 35, I know there is so much ahead of me. I never dreamed that at this age I would have a new career as a freelance writer and voiceover talent. I never dreamed that I'd be on the verge of significant and permanent weight loss. I never dreamed that I would have any physical activity goals, let alone rock climbing and skiing. The rest is still unwritten as the song states.

I'm excited about the new and the possible. I want to uncover the Michele that has always been here under pain, insecurity, and excess weight. I want to live MY life, not what has been expected of me in order to please others. This is my second chance. I'm thankful, and I'm taking it :)

Update

The story continues... I'm ever so thankful for my husband, son, family, friends, home, and second chance. I am also grateful for community - a new church, elementary school, and the bus stop / neighborhood moms. With 60 pounds gone, I've started living the authentic, purposeful life I hoped for. I have something to offer back to the world because I'm taking better care of myself - which is the idea behind Mommy Forward - to inspire the Me in Mommy and to nurture myself without neglecting my family.

I hope to inspire other moms that self-care is not selfish. After all, the rest is still unwritten... for all of us.

2 comments:

Carolyn Byers Ruch said...

You inspire me, Michele. Thanks for the encouragement.

MICHELE CERVONE SCOTT said...

You're so sweet, Carolyn. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...