Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

If I Die Young

Next week I turn the big 3-8. We could debate whether that's young or old all day long, but for these purposes, let's call that young.

If you're not familiar with the song If I Die Young as sung by The Band Perry, this beautiful song is filled with heart-tugging truths. My favorite line is:

Life ain't always what you think it ought to be

How many years I wasted wishing for what I thought life should be instead of simply enjoying it, accepting it! The joys, the mistakes, the hurdles, and the hurts have all contributed to the person I am today. The other day someone asked me to define the purpose of Mommy Forward. In a nutshell, it's to help others to realize and live their worth - something I needed to learn and to live first before I could share it. Joyce Meyer once said, "Act valuable and start enjoying yourself and the life Jesus died to give you." And that's what I have attempted to do.

Last night during worship at a women's event, eyes filled with tears, I realized what it feels like to live the restoration of what the locusts had eaten. Life has not always been easy. But God has done and is doing amazing things on my behalf, personally and professionally, and I want Him to receive all of the glory. No, life wasn't always what I thought it ought be be, but what the enemy meant for evil, God has used for good.

In the past few years, I've realized several dreams. I became a mom through adoption; lost over 50 pounds; became a published author and speaker; got involved in women's ministry; started a company; and am working to promote local businesses. I've been comforted, blessed, and restored beyond measure.

Each day I learn a little more how to accept and embrace what is instead of wishing life away for what ought to be. I'm vocalizing it here because it's never too early or too late to make a change. So, if I do die young, I'll join my Savior in heaven and have no regrets at all.




1 comment:

J.J. Wininger said...

Sounds like everything is going beautifully in your life now!! That is wonderful! and I LOVE that song...can make me tear up just listening to it.
landed here from MBC and following! Hope you'll stop by SupermomWannabe.com and say hi! Oh and a little plug for another one of my sites that you can now import your blog into free for added exposure if ya like MyOggy.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...