Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It Isn't Easy Being Green and Other Difficulties of Life

Yesterday I had an "it isn't easy being" kind of day.

It isn't easy being a wife and mom.
It isn't easy being a homemaker.
It isn't easy being overweight.
It isn't easy being a small business owner.

Like Kermit the Frog once sang, "I think it could be nicer being red or yellow or gold or something much more colorful like that." It's not that I wanted to be something else, really. It just felt hard being a grown-up!

So I watched some TV, put laundry away, and had a good cry (complete with hugs and an "I love you" note from my 7yo encourager.) I put my big girl panties on (thanks to my friend, Carolyn, for the chuckle) and got dolled up for a nice evening networking with other local business women (after almost staying home to continue my pity party.)

As a mom on a mission, I should expect days like this (Mama said there'd be days like this, right?) Everything I'm trying to accomplish - a rich marriage, a successful child, an organized home, a healthier lifestyle, and a thriving business - comes at some cost. Yet they are costs and sacrifices I am willing to pay because I know it'll be worth it. I also know that I'm not traveling this road alone. God is with me, along with the friends, family members, and mentors with whom He has blessed me.

One day I'll be on the other side of "it isn't easy", and I'll be glad I persevered.

Image: Ernest von Rosen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...