Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Walking In (Blogoversary edition)

Have you ever walked into a room and thought "They're playing my song"? Think Bethenny Frankel and the way she struts into the studio of her new talk show to Calling All My Girls. What song would you choose?


Nov 2008

When I started my blog 4 years ago, I would have said "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield because I was on the verge of so many changes with my upcoming lap band surgery. I was numb to a lot of things in life, including relationships, feelings, even my own body. I was probably living only half the life God intended for me.

It's been a long journey, but I'm happy to recap:
  • I've lost and kept off over 50 pounds.
  • I'm celebrating 14 years of marriage this October to the sweetest, most supportive, and funniest man I know.
  • I have a great relationship with our now 8yo son who reminds me every day to celebrate life and learning.
  • I've watched God grow some dormant talents and interests in the past year since starting my company Mommy Forward, LLC and organizing Chester County's Best Kept Secrets Tour.
  • My growing support system [family, friends, mentors, and peers] keeps me encouraged.
Yet the journey's far from over. I'm still working on:
  • Eating mindfully, exercising regularly, and losing 35 more pounds
  • Growing as a wife, mom, and homemaker
  • Effectively using my talents and influence for the good of others
But when I walk into a room now, I hear "Make It Happen" by Mariah Carey.

I held on to my faith, I struggled and I prayed. And now I've found my way.
If you believe in yourself enough and know what you want,
You're gonna make it happen. Make it happen.
And if you get down on your knees at night and pray to the Lord,
He's gonna make it happen. Make it happen.


Free Printable

August 2012
I'm walking into the plans God has
for my future. Together we'll

Make it happen!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...