Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Liquid Thanksgiving

I met with the bariatric surgeon today for my pre-op appointment. He scheduled me for surgery on Wed. Nov. 26, the day before Thanksgiving. I couldn't be more excited, which probably sounds strange given our country's fascination with holiday meals and treats. So what if I can't eat mounds of turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving? And yes, I'll miss shopping on Black Friday and exercising at the YMCA's Burn the Bird event. Instead, I'll be on the road to better health and my ideal weight. Now that's reason to be thankful this year.

My Thanksgiving may be liquid
And my Christmas pureed,
It just means that I'll be smaller
In time for New Years Day!


Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...