Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

That's what friends are for

This week my friends from Bible study got together to help a friend whose 6-week old daughter had surgery. While mom and baby were at the hospital, I stayed overnight with her other kiddos at home. We played, ate, and saw brother off to school (my first experience with the bus.)


When mom and baby were finally discharged from the hospital, we visited for a while before the next crew arrived. That night my friends cleaned bathrooms, did laundry, and put the kids to bed. Mom was touched by our love and benefited from some much needed rest.


It's wonderful to be part of this loving and caring circle of ladies. Our friendships have been cultivating over several years, and it's taken me that long to truly feel like part of the group. Yet I know that we'd answer the call to help any of us when needed. Isn't that what friends are for?


Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...